Monday, February 26, 2018

30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS -- DAY 26






One of the decisions I've had to make with each painting in this series is what to do with the background.  If you've been following then you know that some of the animals have been in a narrative scene and some have been placed against a simple plain background.  That choice depends on what strikes me when I look at the reference photo.  Sometimes it's the eyes that speak volumes, sometimes it's the way their bodies convey how they feel. Often, it's their markings or the beauty of their coats.  In this case, it was how totally mellow this cat is -- she just wants to be loved-on, 24/7.

2 comments:

  1. Backgrounds are quite often a quandary for me also. In this case I don't think he needs a background at all. His body language and expression is wonderfully captured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurelle. Are you on FB? I'd like to keep in touch after the 30 Days end and would rather not put my email address here. I suspect we have a lot in common.

    ReplyDelete