Monday, February 12, 2018

30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS -- DAY 12

"Yes, I"m Caddy's Clone"                        Acrylic
Since I was a little girl, I  have always loved cats and dogs .  When I grew up and married, we always had a dog, but discovered that I was allergic to cats.  So when my own children wanted one I had to reluctantly say no.  One day an adorable black and white cat wandered into the backyard and of course the kids wanted to pet her.  "Okay," I said, " but whatever you do, DON'T FEED HER."  As soon as my back was turned my daughter set out a bowl of milk and the cat was ours from then on.  Somehow I survived and Caddy (their name for her) lived to a ripe old age.  Some years after my kids were grown and moved away, a big black and white Tom cat moved into the neighborhood.  Since that time on my walks I still see cats who look exactly like our Caddy, thus the name of this painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment