Sunday, February 18, 2018

30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS -- DAY 18

"I AM the Most Interesting Cat in the World"       Acrylic 
As much as I love dogs, I have to admit that cats can have the most hysterical expressions and when you have a professional photographer as your owner, you are most likely to be caught with the best ones.  The minute I saw this one, I knew I had to paint him.  The resemblance to the commercial was just too perfect.
One of the most enjoyable parts of this series has been choosing the paint colors to mix the various greys, blacks and browns to represent the animals' coats.  I rarely paint with colors straight out of the tube and I'm still amazed at what mixing colors that seem like they would produce "mud" can actually make in the right proportions.

Want to guess what I used to make these greys????

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy. Coming up with the titles is sometimes harder than doing the painting. Didn't you see my question about colors I used to make the greys?
      S.

      Delete
  2. You got the colors just right. He Is very interesting!

    ReplyDelete