Saturday, September 30, 2017

30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS -- DAY 30


#30                      Caught in the Sun                        Acrylic

Our final Posted Palette was suggested by another sweet friend, Lynda, whose colors were Orange, Yellow, Green, Black and White.  In this painting I was most interested in the shadow cast by the center of the bloom.  Creating the shadows with this color palette was a challenge since I usually use red and blue in the cast shadow color.  

I'm going to miss painting a Magnolia each day but there are other ideas whirling around in my head waiting to come to fruition so it's time to move on. Thank you to Leslie Saeta for hosting this challenge at www.saetastudio.com.

There will be another 30 Day Challenge in January.  Anyone have any ideas for what I might paint?

All of these works are 5 x 7" and available for $20 each.  Please comment below with the Title/number you wish to purchase.  Proceeds will be added to our donation for Hurricane Relief.  Numbers 3 and 6 have been sold.

TO SEE THE ENTIRE SERIES AT ONE TIME VISIT: hardageart.com and click on NEW SERIES 

3 comments:

  1. Sue,
    Thanks so much for the comment. I've enjoyed looking at your work too. I also work in abstract acrylics and mixed media. Also love collage. Let's keep in touch and hopefully we'll both be in Leslie's January challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila,
    Thank you so much for following this adventure. I've enjoyed your whimsical designs as well.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete