Sunday, September 10, 2017

30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS -- DAY 10



#10                    A Little Night Bloom                        Acrylic

Sometimes in the evening when my husband walks our dog, I go along with my camera looking for interesting shots that I can take under a street light.  This summer I found a beautiful Magnolia tree with this one particular bloom highlighted.  As an artist, it's always fun to try something a little different, so for this painting I worked the background up from a mixed black.  (Mixed black means it's created by mixing colors rather than painting with black straight out of a tube)  I love the air of mystery created by painting this way.


All of the pieces are 5 x 7” and will be available for sale for $20 each.

If you would like to purchase one please respond in the comments section below.  Use the # or title to let me know the one(s) you would like.
Note:  #3  Pinkie is SOLD


No comments:

Post a Comment