Saturday, September 16, 2017

30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS -- DAY 16

#16               A Little Purple Haze         Mixed Media
Channeling my inner Pointillist for this painting.  Started with a spray of purple alcohol ink, then some acrylic paints, then some Pitt Pens and finally a little more paint.  This is one of my favorite ways to make art.  I just pick something from my gazillion art supplies and start laying down color.  If you are not an artist, you may not know that most works of art begin as an abstract where the artist is putting down the darks and the lights.  Once those are established the painting can stay abstract or become more realistic.

HAVING JUST PASSED THE HALFWAY POINT FOR THE 30 DAY CHALLENGE, I'D LIKE TO ISSUE A CHALLENGE OF MY OWN -- POST A PALETTE.  Give me 5 colors you'd like to see in a painting and I'll give them a try.  Make them as beautiful or as ugly a combination as you like.  My job will be to make them play nicely together!

Remember, all of the pieces are 5 x 7” and are available for sale for $20 each ALL OF THE PROFITS OF THESE SALES WILL BE ADDED TO OUR DONATION TO HELP HURRICANE SURVIVORS.

If you would like to purchase one please respond in the comments section below. (You will need to log-in using your gmail/Google password to comment)  Use the # or title to let me know the one(s) you would like.
  Note:  #3  Pinkie is SOLD 
            #6 Little Secret is SOLD

2 comments: