Monday, September 11, 2017

30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS -- DAY 11

On the anniversary of 9/11 as we await the approach of now Tropical Storm Irma, it seems ironic that the title of today's painting is Ghost Bloom.  So many images race through my mind of both of these catastrophic events.  As I'm posting this blog I'm waiting for a call from my brother telling me that he survived the night in his boarded up house in St. Petersburg, Florida.  Thinking also of all of the thousands of people displaced and affected by this monster storm. I will spend most of the day in my studio hoping that one of the many trees on our property isn't blown onto the house.  This is one of the many many reasons why I'm an artist.  I know that producing something beautiful will help relieve the anxiety and bring at least some degree of calm.

#11                Ghost Bloom                   Acrylic
If you see no post tomorrow it will be because we have lost power due to Irma.  I'll be back as soon as power is restored.


All of the pieces are 5 x 7” and will be available for sale for $20 each.

If you would like to purchase one please respond in the comments section below.  Use the # or title to let me know the one(s) you would like.
Note:  #3  Pinkie is SOLD 
            #6  Little Secret is SOLD


No comments:

Post a Comment